Cannoli Recipe From Coco's Italian Market on Youtube
|quick and easy chips &/or traditional Cannoli shells
Click on images to enlarge
|Click on image below to link to the Talk of the Town video and recipe
This Cannoli Recipe is
intended for the person who
wants to whip this up without a
lot of effort so there are three
variations. Every thing can
be found at the grocery store
unless you choose to make
the traditional Italian version.
Ready made Cannoli shells
and/or the metal tubes
needed can be found at an
Italian import store.
Click on images to enlarge
Home Made Cannoli Shells and Cream or Cannoli Chips and Dip
This recipe corresponds to our YouTube video at Coco’s Italian Market page
Purchase ready-made egg roll wrappers or wonton shells.
1. Cut ready made egg roll or wonton shells into triangles.
2. Fry in hot melted shortening or Weson oil (about 360°F) for approximately 1 minute, turning to brown sides.
3. Optional Dip an edge into melted chocolate chips.
4. Arrange around plate, scoop filling into dipping bowl.
Traditional Italian Cannoli Shells
4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons butter, softened
2 egg yolks
3/4 cup sweet wine like Port, white dessert wine, fortified brandy
Directions for homemade Cannoli shells
1. Mix flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
2. Cut in butter.
3. Add egg yolks; stir with a fork.
4. Stir in wine 1 tablespoon at a time, with a fork until dough clings together.
5. Form a ball with the dough and let stand for 20 plus minutes.
6. Roll dough as thin as a credit card, on a well-floured surface.
7. Using the rim of a margarita glass (about 3-4 inches across), make circle imprints into rolled dough.
8. Roll each circle of dough around a metal cannoli tube, overlapping the ends and press to seal, flaring out the
9. Fry one or two at a time in Wesson or peanut oil (about 360°F) for approximately 1 minute, turning to brown all
10. Let cool and fill tubes with ricotta filling.
Cannoli Filling Ingredients:
4 cups whole milk ricotta cheese.
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
1 tablespoon vanilla extract.
1/3 cup finely chopped maraschino
cherry, candied orange or lemon peels,
mini M & M's or any small candy desired.
1/4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips.
1 dash of cinnamon
I think it's best to consult our YouTube video to become familiar with the Cannoli options and to make your own
personalized one depending on your . Recipes take a little time and practice and every time you do it, it becomes
easier and more tasty . Enjoy and have fun with it. Here is a link to this recipe as a PDF FIle
Candied Lemon Rind
Candied Orange Rind
Mini M & M
Whisk or Fork
Bowl Scraper or Spatula